Monday, November 10, 2008

Sundried Tomato Bread

TA DAH!! Here's the 1st recipe of my blog and going by the popularity vote, i have baked the sundried tomato bread as my debut on this blog. Not to worry for the rest of you who voted the Chocolate Crinkles, i will be doing that next week!! Enjoy the pictures, i'm sure it'll be whetting some appetites before the grand appearance tomorrow!


This is before proofing the 2nd time. It's a pity i haven't been able to find the sundried tomato which i usually use. For some reason, it has been tremendously difficult to find it. 3 Cold Storages were visited and none has sundried tomato in olive oil! I had to settle for sundried tomatoes (literally shrivelled and dried) and rehydrated them in hot water for 15mins before i could use it. It really doesn't taste as good as the oil version.



After baking for 30mins, the above picture is fresh from the oven! You can almost smell it!

Lastly, I would like to thank my brother for generously 'donating' his camera for my unlimited use for all future bakes! YIPPEE!!

PS: I just had another slice and decided to put it in the toaster and slather with butter. It was divine!!


3 comments:

accidental traveller said...

YUMMMAHZZ... Totally like this version cos i don't really fancy olive oil. ok so after voting, are we suppose to rate? haaa... 9/10. (minus 1 cos the bread came in a plastic bag. haa other wise, it's perfect.)

Jaime said...

Ok, maybe you can help me design the packaging for my bread!! HAHAHA!! I'll be bringing more bread tomorrow so that the guys can have some as well!! The girls devoured the bread this morning so quickly!!

James said...

I vote 7/10 for this. And this rating is only because I'm not really into tomatoes (read "vegetable). But I must say, the taste was quite good, especially with butter. :D