Wednesday, November 5, 2008

TOUCHED

YAY! I've got 6 followers already and it's only the 1st day of my blog! Thanks peeps! Although, the last i counted, there should be 13 of us! Where are the rest of you guys?!

As an early bird prize, i have decided to shortlist some recipes which i would like to invite my 6 dearest followers to send me their vote on what they would like me to bake over this weekend! I think it would be the most appropriate to make the 1st baked product in this blog, an item that has garnered the most yums and ahhs over the past year and a half so here goes:

1. Sticky Buns
2. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies - this is a fudgy bite sized chocolate cookie, with a cracked exterior made out of icing sugar
3. Sundried tomato bread
4. Carrot cake
5. White chocolate vanilla cupcake

You may post your vote here and if there is another recipe that you would prefer, do let me know as well, i will surely work it into the schedule soon!

Some of you might be wondering why the name 'The Vanille Bean', simple... vanilla is my favourite spice and it is a necessity in almost all desserts and sweets. You simple cannot do without vanilla and the humble vanilla seed is where it all begins. I've had several suggestions on what the name of my future bakery should be:

Ronald - Cookie Monster
Sheryl - Jaime's Hot Buns (she literally means it :-P)
Alfred - Ah Pow's (poser version: Le Pow; Middle East version: Al Pow)

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I promise you if i do get a chance to have my very own bakery, i will DEFINITELY take these names into account.

Also, good news guys, my brother has a good digital camera that has been known to be able to download pictures so i guess i am all set there for mouthwatering pictures every week.

I would like to state some disclaimers though:

1. Baker reserves the right NOT to bake for extended periods of time if baker is:-
a) Not in the country
b) Not in a good mood
c) Broke
d) All of the above

2. Baker accepts no liability whatsoever for the following:-
a) Gaining of weight and extra inches due to overeating
b) Emitting of suggestive noises due to feelings of ecstasy derived from baked goods

So, please proceed at your own risk because once you sink your teeth and take the first bite, there is no turning back :-)

5 comments:

ah pow said...

sundried tomato bread please!!

appels + oranjes said...

how come no shepherd's pie option?!ok la...i vote for chocolate crinkle cookies (cos i suppose cookies can't be cut into minute pieces to be shared, otherwise very lugi).

Unknown said...

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies!!!

accidental traveller said...

SUNDRIED TOMATO BREAD seee-vooo-play.... x2 - on behalf of sayuri.

James said...

voting for the sticky buns AND chocolate crinkle cookies!!!!!